I learned a few things while watching Snow White a time or two (I have two children). No shame in my game 🙂 I didn’t do an in-depth character examination for each of the Dwarfs, but, I learned a little after the 15th time.
As a whole:
We are all individuals and that’s a good thing.
There is strength in numbers. It helps to be in a network.
A good word spoken in a timely manner can save/change a life.
Folks in general love a winner and will help the winning to continue even if it is inconvenient for them.
Guys are prone to do amazing things to impress a girl.
If Disney gives you a good part in a cartoon, you’ll be famous.
- Dopey is the youngest, sweetest, and silliest of the seven. He is the only one that is bald and beardless. He wears a lime-green tunic and purple cap.
Famous quote from Dopey: Well, in this case actions speak louder than words. Dopey doesn’t talk (or even try to according to his brother Happy). But, alas, he tries snatching a third and fourth kiss from Snow White on the way to work.
The Dopey Lesson: You can be happy even if you’re bald. That is good news because I may be bald one day.
- Grumpy is the resident grouch and cantankerous one of the group. Though, even he is devoted to the beautiful Snow White (see #5); Grumpy wears a red tunic, long white hair and beard.
Famous quote from Grumpy: When the dwarfs first find Snow White lying asleep across their beds, Grumpy gripes, “Angel, huh? She’s female, an’ all females is poison! They’re full o’ wicked wiles.” When Bashful asks, “What’re wicked wiles?” Grumpy admits, “I don’t know, but I’m agin ‘em.”
Grumpy Lesson: Wearing red seems to put some people in a permanently bad mood.
- Doc is the only one of the dwarfs to wear glasses and seems to be in charge. He wears an orange-brown tunic and has long white hair and a beard.
Famous quote from Doc: After returning to the cottage to find it mysteriously tidied up, he nervously demands: “Search every cook an’ nanny, uh, hook an’ granny, uh, crooked fan — uh, search everywhere.”
Doc lesson: If you’re trying to make a point and you fumble over your words; it’s okay. Make the point anyway and if it’s good people will listen.
- Happy is the most rotund of the dwarfs. He wears a brownish two-tone tunic, yellow cap, and has long white hair and a beard.
Famous quote from Happy: When the dwarfs think there’s a monster hidden under the blankets, Happy cheerily asks, “Which end do we kill?”
Happy Lesson: Take challenges on with enthusiasm.
- Bashful is, well, bashful. His bashful nature is portrayed through a classic pose of shyness (hands clasped behind back, shoulders slightly raised, eyes upturned). He wears a brown tunic and a gray hat. He has long white hair and a beard.
Famous Bashful quote: While everyone’s suspicious upon finding Snow White asleep across their beds, Bashful’s the first one to see her for who she really is, observing, “She’s beautiful, like an angel.”
Bashful Lesson: It’s important for us to find our voice and use it.
- Sneezy is frequently shown with one finger below his nose, as if trying to stifle a sneeze. He wears a yellow-brown tunic and has long white hair and a beard.
Famous Sneezy quote: After a particularly violent sneeze, which sends them tumbling in its wake, he protests, ”I couldn’t help it … when you gotta go, you gotta … I-I-I, i-i-i-it’s comin’.”
Sneezy Lesson 1: When you gotta go, you gotta go.
Sneezy Lesson 2: Allergy medicine can be a real blessing.
- Sleepy wears a perpetually sleepy-looking, heavily-lidded expression on his face. He wears a brownish tunic, a green cap, and has long white hair and a beard.
Famous Sleepy quote: Strangely goaded and prodded by the forest animals outside their mine, none of the dwarfs can figure out what’s going on until Sleepy yawns, “Maybe the old Queen’s got Snow White.”
Sleepy Lesson: Sleeping does not help you escape from reality.
Live it LOUD!