Hey friends. Has a bad day at work knocked you down? Are you feeling deflated? Well, let’s turn that frown upside down.
The first piece of uplifting news I have is that you aren’t at work right now. Actually, until check in time tomorrow, you are on vacation. I’m not talking about lets play pretend. I’m talking a real vacation. Of course you may be wondering how in the world are you going to make it to and from Hawaii in 10 hours. You may be thinking that you can’t afford a vacation. It doesn’t matter. Not only do I want you to take one today. I want you to take one every day after work. You get to decide where that vacation will be to.
I am going to list several places you get to go to on vacation. Use them everyday and especially on weekends. First, you must decide what you want to get out of the vacation. Is it for relaxing? Or, are you looking for personal growth?
- Turn on music that soothes you, turn down the lights and climb into a nice hot bath.
- Sit down at a nice restaurant and enjoy a meal (invite a friend).
- Pick up some dark chocolate, and curl up on a comfy chair and read that book that you have been wanting to finish.
- Get a massage. There are plenty of places that offer walk-in services.
- Watch a movie that will make you laugh uncontrollably.
Personal Growth Vacation:
- Exercise. Hit the gym and be amazed how fast that bad day dissipates.
- Read a book that will challenge, inspire and educate you.
- Enjoy your hobby. Do it well. (Not TV watching!)
- Brainstorm with some friends.
- Enroll in a class that you can look forward to at least a couple times a week.
I think you’re getting the idea. By the way, if you have children don’t feel left out. Pick an activity that they will enjoy, and do it. I am a sucker for the laughter of my children. Do something spontaneous with them. Again, the excitement will have you quickly forgetting about that bad day at work.
DO NOT FOCUS ON WORK! You are on vacation until the morning. And, it just so happens you get another one after work tomorrow.
Live it LOUD!