“No steam or gas ever drives anything until it is confined.
No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled.
No life ever grows until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.”
– Harry Emerson Fosdick
- You have your nose in a book learning and growing.
- You have no comment on the news because you stopped watching, listening or
You are M-A-K-I-N-G news.
- You turned in a manuscript, created a website, began school, exercised (five days this week!).
- You quit checking e-mails.
- You threw a coffee mug through the TV screen. Okay, maybe you donated it instead. The TV, that is.
- You opted out of the ball game, movie, free tickets to the play (fill in the blank).
- You picked up the phone and actually talked to a mentor, coach, innovator. You made an appointment with one and kept it.
- Your car (or train, bus) has become a university on wheels.
- You say no to Friday night drinks. And, Saturday night drinks.
- You smile more. You know the look. It says, “The cards are stacked in my favor. It will take way more than that to ruin my swerve.”
- You quit your job. This is a big one. The less you have in savings, the bigger it is. This one is not suggested for the faint of heart.
I’m certain I missed a bunch, but you know the point.
More importantly than others knowing you’re serious. Y-O-U know you’re serious. You start trusting you again. That is something to write home about.
Now, get out there and live it, and live it LOUD!
Remember, you are the only you, you have!